Sunday 19 May 2013

Home is Where the War is

Watching T.V. and seeing all these vegetable commercials made me think of the history of our homeland and its struggles. The commercials made me realize that its not so bad being a half potato half human because I can choose where I want to live. I can choose live in a house without getting eaten and I can choose to live underground without scaring other potatoes. 

Potatoes get scared of outsiders very easily which is why they're very protective of their homes. This is because long ago the war between the potatoes and carrots started. There are many reasons for the war, one of the reasons being that both the potatoes and carrots wanted to have the biggest homes in the farm so they fought each other for it. In order to think of new ways to defeat each other they both thought of making plans underground. This just strengthened their hatred towards each other because they both thought that the other was copying their idea. No one really knows who thought of living underground first. No one wanted to live above ground again because they became so attached to their new homes since it gave them more privacy and they wouldn't get fried because they aren't under direct sunlight.  Until now, both potatoes and carrots live underground and refuse to leave. There is a great tension between them so I'm really glad that I live above ground because if not, the carrots might attack me since I look like a full human who is taking up a lot of the underground living space that could be theirs.

So as you can see, vegetable commercials really makes someone think about life. They made me think of potatoes which then made me think of farms which then made me think of the homes of potatoes, leading to me thinking about a bit of potato history. Wow! These commercials sure are powerful! 

Long live the potatoes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment