Friday 16 August 2013

A Letter From Poland

Dear Potatoes,

I hope all is well where ever you may be. I'm still travelling around the country of Poland. I have left the country and came to the city.

During my stay in the city, I have discovered how city potatoes live. I met these lovely folks down in the market place. It wasn't a big market, it was a small one near my other grandma's house. I went down with my family down to the market to buy some food for dinner. As I was passing by one of the stands I met a few young potatoes. They seemed cool so I stopped to talk to them. I discovered that these potatoes work hard. They all come from farms so they live the same lives as country potatoes, only they get packed away and brought either to stores or to little markets. Since we met in the market I'll tell you about their lives. They get picked from the ground and put into these crates. Later these crates are packed into a van. The van travels to the location of the market and then set up. The crates are arranged so the potatoes look attractive to the human eye. After being set up, humans come in and purchase them based on how much they weigh. I purchased some potatoes with my family and we brought them over for dinner. Later that day we had them for dinner.

It was a different meeting compared to the country potatoes but none the less it was exciting. I really hope to meet a few more potatoes in Poland. They are all sweet and romantic. Hopefully I'll meet some of you out there too. Let me know where you are and I'll try to meet you. 

Throwing potatoes your way,
Gabriela

Email: cambrielapotato@gmail.com
Twitter: cambrielapotato (follow us)

No comments:

Post a Comment