Friday 27 December 2013

Christmas Around the World(not really)

 ♫ It's the most wonderful time of the year
It's the hap-happiest season of all--
We are so sorry we can't finish the song for you because we forgot the rest of the lyrics. But let's not dwell on that, after all it is the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas was a few days ago but we can still feel the joy it brought! Let's see how potatoes from around the world spent their day! 

Gabriela; Half-potato; somewhere in Canada: 
Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas. (yes I realize it passed) 
Everyone celebrates Christmas differently and I'm no exception. This Christmas was pretty much like all my other Christmases. 

On the first day of Christmas (Christmas Eve) Gabriela had dinner with her household. If there are any Polish potatoes reading this they'll get it. On Christmas Eve I gathered with my family to have supper. There are 12 different foods on the table, you have to have a bit of each. (you get full really fast). After supper we went to church and opened presents. Yes I got to open all of them.

On the second day of Christmas (Christmas Day) Gabriela had dinner with family. I went over to my uncles house and had a dinner there with family. (there's so many of us) after dinner and dessert, we open presents. (woo more presents) After all this and some catching up with the family, we headed home.

On the third day of Christmas (Boxing Day) Gabriela had family friends come over for dinner. While everyone fights in stores for the best deals, I sat at home and chilled with some friends. The parents partied upstairs while we dominated the basement. Eventually the party animals left and I got time to sleep.

For the rest of the holiday, my plans are bonding with my sisters, hanging with friends and chilling outside like the crazy person I am. (i kinda went outside in shorts with some friends...dont judge) That's my Christmas!


Camille; Half-potato; a different somewhere in Canada:

Merry Christmas! 
This was probably my most uneventful Christmas yet but I don't really mind. On Christmas Eve I went to Church with my family. After, we ate a nice dinner. Later on, at around midnight, we opened our presents. I spent my Christmas with my loved ones and that is also how I plan on spending the rest of my holidays. 


A bunch of random potatoes; Potatoes; A bunch of random places:

There is a tradition that we full potatoes no matter where we are in the world have. It is giving each other something important that we just got on that year. This shows that we truly care about each other, that we care more about other potatoes than some material object. Other than this potatoes spend their Christmas differently. There are some that like to sing carols. Many have a huge lunch with their family and friends that involve special holiday food like cakes. Some like to put on  Christmas themed plays and some like to watch these plays. However the potato spends their day it is sure to be joyful because everyone is surrounded loving and caring potatoes. 


So now you all have an idea of how different potatoes celebrated the wonderful, wonderful day of Christmas! What about you? How did you spend the wonderful, wonderful day? 

Oh and once again... WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS! (shh...yes we know this is a late greeting) 

No comments:

Post a Comment